Activity Report 2 of XML Project
ISO-DTDs which were given by Mr. Samarin in the Feb. meeting were translated into
DTDs for XML. Sample files (test1.xml and term1.xml) are style-specified with
xsl files (simplex.xsl and simple.xsl respectively).
The major points in the SGML to XML translation are:
- Comments within declaration are extracted to be independent comment statements.
- Characters are adjusted according to the XML rule of case sensitivity.
- All tags are described without omission.
- Each element is defined separately.
- All the attribute values are quoted.
- Attribute types NAME, NUMBER, and NUTOKEN are changed into NMTOKEN.
- The location of #PCDATA is changed into a head of declaration.
- Content models are modified without & separators.
- Characters defined by SDATA are changed into simple strings.
- Elements declarations are changed without exceptions.